Tuesday 14 March 2017

Holy Night Stocking #23 and Goodbye Clarence...

I didn't get as much as I could have done on the Holy Night Stocking this long weekend as we had a terrible time on Saturday - we had to put our beautiful Clarence to sleep forever. He was struggling to walk & had a number of other issues. He had lost the quality of life he had enjoyed for so long, so it was time. Knowing it was the right thing to do for him, doesn't make it any easier though.


We will miss him very much but take comfort knowing he isn't suffering any more. He brought us so much joy.


Clarence
2001 - 2017
15.5 years of age (9.5 years with us)

After that, it was a little difficult to concentrate on anything else, but eventually I got going with the stocking and am very happy with the progress I made.


Happy Stitching,
Kerrie

11 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss seems like several of my friends have had to do this recently. Love your work on the stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I know from my own experience the pain,emptiness,and the numb state that comes from loosing not only a pet,a friend, a member of the family. Find things that bring joy,comfort,and peace. Hold onto the love you share with your pet,hold on to all your loved ones,they'll help. Again I'm sorry .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, Kerrie. Losing a belly ved pet is so hard. I am glad you were able to stitch some. It helps. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss Kerrie. Try to focus on the happy times you had with him.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kerrie, I'm so sorry. There is such a special love we receive from our fur babies. May your sweet memories keep Clarence close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ao sorry to hear of your loss Kerrie. It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort in your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss! Losing a pet is never easy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss. It's looks like he had a good life with you and you have many good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keri, sorry to hear about Clarence. Its hard to lose a fur child. I keep pictures of all my furbaby's. It makes losing them a bit easier. ((((keri)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work on the stocking and a kind gesture with the flowers too
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete